Saturday, December 22, 2012

What the great and the good of Bristol want for Christmas

The great and the good of Bristol tell us what they'd like for Christmas, what one wish they would like granted and how they're planning to spend the big day. We begin with one of the city's most famous sons... Wallace Absent-minded inventor and one half of Wallace and Gromit What would you like for Christmas? A new tank top from Tank Top Man – They're the height of fashion. Maybe in a new shade of green What would be your Christmas wish? Cheese allowances for the elderly How do you spend Christmas Day? Friends drop in on Christmas eve for a sherry and it can get quite animated, so me and the old pooch love to put our feet up and watch 'The Hound of Music' with a mince pie on Christmas Day. Professor Mark Horton British maritime and historical archaeologist, television presenter, writer and Bristol University professor. What would you like for Christmas? A handheld GPS with a nice large screen to add maps to and to record maypoints, as I am off to do lots of digs around the world in 2013. What would be your Christmas wish? A decent summer How do you spend Christmas Day? Walking the Cotswold way (guaranteed to be deserted!) Ryan Chong Bristol photographer who appeared in The Great British Bakeoff. What would you like for Christmas? A thermomix. I think you can only get one direct from their UK distributor. These things are amazing, making cooking so much easier. What would be your Christmas wish? My christmas wish would be good health to all my friends and family. How do you spend Christmas Day? Starts with the children opening their many presents, then preparing Christmas dinner for the family. Inkie Bristol graffiti artist and curator of this year's See No Evil. What would you like for Christmas? Nike Air Jordan 4 retro's from Cooshti, Cashmere socks from Liberty's, a lump of Montgomery Cheddar from the Fromagerie and a nice double barrel pencil sharpener from Harold Hockeys. What would be your Christmas wish? Tottenham to go top of the Premiership and Arsenal to go in the opposite direction How do you spend Christmas Day? Mainly horizontal on the sofa after stuffing myself with turkey followed by a walk and some fine wines. Josie Gibson Big Brother 2010 winner from Fishponds, starring in Aladdin at The Bristol Hippodrome. What would you like for Christmas? I'd like my dog to have a companion boy dog from a dogs home. What would be your Christmas wish? To be filthy rich. How do you spend Christmas Day? I normally leave the country but I'm inviting 22 family members round this year. Tom Herbert One half of The Fabulous Baker Brothers, Tom runs a bakery next to his sibling's butcher's shop in Chipping Sodbury. What would you like for Christmas? Monkstone knitwear Christmas jumper and a ticket to Virgin Galactic hotel to bake bread in space. What would be your Christmas wish? That greedy people and bullies see things through their victims eyes How do you spend Christmas Day? Eating, walking, picnic, eating, lighting a fire, eating, lying down Charlotte Leslie Conservative MP for Bristol North West. What would you like for Christmas? A new blackberry. Mine has had prolific use and is on its last legs. Now I've joined twitter @clesliemp I'm getting unimpressed by its periodic reluctance to upload photos! - or do I need... An i-phone?! What would be your Christmas wish? For Christmas Wishes from public figures in newspapers for world peace to come true. How do you spend Christmas Day? With my family, in a very traditional way. I usually make the Christmas Pudding and cake. Paulina Gillespie Presenter, Heart Breakfast with Ed, Troy and Paulina What would you like for Christmas? The gift I would like to receive a black Mulberry handbag - a Bayswater – available from House of Fraser, Cabot Circus. At �795 its's expensive so I know I'm not going to get one but you can wish! What would be your Christmas wish? My Christmas wish would be that my friends and family all stay healthy and safe through 2013. How do you spend Christmas Day? My Christmas Day consists of breakfast early morning; bagels, cream cheese, salmon and champagne. All very posh, but then it is Christmas morning. Then the Turkey goes in and we wait for lunch - we like a late lunch so we can see the Queen's speech. We continue to sit around the dinner table into the early evening, drinking wine, then it's time for cheese. Yum. Ed Palmer Presenter, Heart Breakfast with Ed, Troy and Paulina What would you like for Christmas? One ENTIRE Cropwell Bishop Creamery Stilton- British cheese is the best in the world. What would be your Christmas wish? A surprise call up to the England cricket, rugby or football team. How do you spend Christmas Day? I'll be spending Christmas Day fighting my brother who is stationed in Germany with the Army, and also hanging out with our wives and kids Paris Troy Presenter, Heart Breakfast with Ed, Troy and Paulina What would you like for Christmas? One of those cool Joseph Joseph folding colander. I'm a real foodie. What would be your Christmas wish? That Lionel Messi would accept that his true future actually rests with one of our West Country teams…City/Rovers/Yeovil/Yate it doesn't really matter. How do you spend Christmas Day? I will be spending Christmas day…hopefully in flip flops and shorts in my native Cyprus, dipping cold turkey into a bucket of hummus. Julian Jones Presenter, Heart Drivetime What would you like for Christmas? Love anything from Hollister in Cabot Circus, especially some aftershave. Or any bottle of West Country cider would be nice - simple things for me at Christmas What would be your Christmas wish? My wish would be for everyone to have a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas with friends and family. Its not about the gifts, its just about making time to spend with loved ones How do you spend Christmas Day? I'm working! I'm on air from 6am, with everyone opening their presents, which is always great fun, and a privilege to be involved in so many people's Christmas mornings. But after the show, I'm hot-footing it to my mum and dad's for traditional Christmas dinner. My brother, his son, and my sister and her partner will be there, and it's usually a nice chilled out day. Not too much mulled wine for me though – I'm back on air Boxing Day morning. Doug Hobbs Hair stylist and owner of Hobbs Salon in Park Row. What would you like for Christmas? A nice sharp suit from Reiss What would be your Christmas Wish? Ongoing happiness How do you spend Christmas Day? I have two christmas days, one with my children , grandchildren and my wife a week before christmas at a good restaurant, and christmas day i spend with my wife at Berwick lodge. George Ferguson Architect and mayor of Bristol What would you like for Christmas? New lights for my bike - from Strada Bikes, North Street What would be your Christmas Wish? That everyone looks out for their neighbour How do you spend Christmas Day? With my children and grand children Tom Morris Artistic director at Bristol Old Vic, new entry in Who's Who. What would you like for Christmas? I'd like a letter from Tom Waits asking whether I'd like to create a piece of theatre around his new album and launch it at the Old Vic with him in the title role. What would be your Christmas wish? My Christmas wish is to see Bristol before the damage done to it by the bombing in World War II and the planners in the 1960s How do you spend Christmas Day? I spend Christmas Day dressing up.

What the great and the good of Bristol want for Christmas

donate car phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment